7th Essex - Memorial erected in 1921

On 12 November 1921 a stone cross memorial to the 7th Battlion Essex regiment and the 3rd East Anglian Field Ambulance was ereceted at Church Hill, Walthamstow in front of the Battalion HQ,

The ceremony was led by the Hon Colonel of the 6th Essex, Sir J Roper Parkinson assisted by Mrs A M Davie , the widow of Company Sergeant Major George Davie DCM.

After the Second World War the 59th Essex regiment was also added to the memorial.

The memorial has now been moved to the TA Centre at nearby Whipps Cross.