Warley Barracks

The Barracks were home to the Essex Regioment from their formation in 1881 until 1958 when the Regiment became part of the East Anglian Regiment.

The site was sold to the Ford Motor Company and most of the buildings were demolished to be replaced by modern office buildings.

A few buildings in Eagle Way, Great Warley remain including the lovely Essex Regiment Chapel plus

The Depot Officers Mess -  now the TA centre

The Gymn - Now Keys Hall

The Officers Mess - now the Marillac Nursing Home